Vegan French Toast
Want to make vegan french toast but don't know how? Don't want to use chia seeds? Try using aquafaba! Made with ripple pea protein milk!
- 1/3 cup Aquafaba (one can of chickpeas)
- 1 cup Ripple Pea Protein Milk (or any other non dairy milk)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Monk Fruit Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax
- 7 slices Trader Joe's Whole Grain Fiber Bread
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (or 1 tbsp of Ghee)
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray, for spraying
Start by cooking a can of chickpeas over medium/high heat. Let the chickpeas come to a boil and then remove from heat. Drain the aquafaba from the chickpeas and place into a bowl. Set aside.
To another bowl add in the milk, cinnamon, monk fruit sugar, vanilla extract, and ground flax. Mix well. Pour the aquafaba into the bowl. Mix again.
Spray a non stick skillet with coconut spray and add in a tsp of coconut oil or add in 1 tbsp of ghee. Allow the pan to heat completely and then add in the toast. Allow to cook on one side for at least 7 minutes. Spray the coconut oil spray on the toast each time you flip.