Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
In need of a healthier way to make coconut shrimp? Try air frying it with a little avocado oil cooking spray! Gluten Free, Grain Free, & Paleo!
- 24 oz Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails removed!
- 1 cup Arrow Root Flour (or tapioca flour)
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Macadamia Milk (or any other nut milk)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Avocado Oil Cooking Spray, for spraying
Start by "preheating" your air fryer to 375 degrees F. This step makes sure that the air fryer is hot before you begin to cook.
Remove the tails from the peeled and deveined shrimp. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Set aside.
In one large bowl, add in one cup of flour with the cajun seasoning, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
In another large bowl, add in 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
In another large bowl, add in 2 cups of macadamia milk.
Place the raw shrimp in the flour first then the milk and then the shredded coconut. You can do this step twice to make sure the shrimp is covered in the batter completely.
Place the shrimp into the air fryer. Spray with avocado oil cooking spray. Flip once. Spray on both sides. Fry for at least 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- A serving of shrimp is 5 pieces.
- Freeze any left overs and reheat them in the oven for around 10 minutes on 375 degrees F.
- The shrimp is served with Primal Kitchen's BBQ sauce.