Carrot Ginger Miso Salad
Trader Joe's has a healthy salad dressing called Carrot Ginger Miso. It tastes amazing! It's perfect for vegetables. Don't want to make an Asian-inspired salad for this dressing? I got you covered.
For The Chicken:
- 1 Boneless Chicken Thigh
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
For The Salad:
- 1 cup Baby Kale
- 1/2 cup Frozen Riced Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp Black Beans
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 8 Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tsp Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe's Carrot Ginger Miso Salad Dressing
Begin by heating a grill pan to Medium/High Heat, add your oil.
While waiting for the grill pan to heat, add the seasonings above to a bowl and mix. Cover both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.
Once the grill pan has heated, add your chicken. Allow to grill for 9 minutes on both sides. Remove from grill when done. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when done. Do not turn off your grill pan when done!
For The Salad
If you don't have any left over black beans, begin by cooking some black beans on the stove. This doesn't take too long if you're using canned black beans.
Begin by adding your frozen brussels sprouts to the same grill pan you had the chicken in. This is only going to take a few minutes to cook. Let the brussels sprouts brown and get crispy!
While waiting for the brussels sprouts to cook, cook your frozen riced butternut squash according to instructions. This should take around 5 minutes.
Add your baby kale to a large bowl, top it with sunflower seeds, the black beans, riced butternut squash, feta cheese, chicken, and brussels sprouts. Top the salad with the garlic salt and everything seasoning. Now add 2 tbsp of the Carrot Ginger Miso Salad Dressing.
I always heat up my salads for one minute in the microwave after preparing. This step is completely unnecessary!
- Use rotisserie chicken if you don't feel like preparing chicken from scratch.
- Don't want to wait for black beans? Add another vegetable in it's place.
- Don't eat feta cheese? Use goat cheese!
- Don't want to use meat for this recipe? Use tofu or chickpeas.
- Concerned about the sodium? Use less salt, and use 1 tbsp of the salad dressing.
- Want to use less fat for this recipe? Use Avocado Oil cooking spray instead of Grapeseed Oil.