Yesterday, I made that amazing Tomato & Feta Cauliflower Pizza and this General Tso’s Cauliflower Pizza. When I tell you this General Tso’s Cauliflower Pizza is phenomenal, I mean I can’t even put its greatness into words. It tastes amazing. I don’t even know why I thought of this. I wanted to make a *different* pizza. The pizzas that I usually make have some type of tomato sauce or pesto. It was time to change the game and use General Tso’s sauce.
I almost never eat vegetables on my pizza. I don’t know why I don’t either. It’s actually pretty darn good. And, it’s an excuse to eat pizza. Like, hey, this pizza is loaded up with vegetables – so, it’s healthy, right? Haha.
I am a huge fan of cauliflower. So, the invention of cauliflower pizza was right up my alley. The first thing I thought of when I saw that cauliflower pizza was a thing was that I knew that I wanted to top it with everything. Thus why I have so many cauliflower pizza recipes instead of regular pizza recipes here on my site.
How to make General Tso’s Cauliflower Pizza:
The first thing you need to have is some good quality General Tso’s sauce. I use the General Tso’s sauce by Iron Chef. I love their sauce because it has clean ingredients. You can make your own sauce if you feel like it. I always have the ingredients in my house to make General Tso’s sauce, but I always go for pre-made sauces because I’m pretty lazy.
The next thing I did was bake up some of Trader Joe’s BBQ Chicken Teriyaki. I wanted this pizza to be quick, so I didn’t make any chicken from scratch. Although I did not use the sauce that came in the bag with the chicken, you can do so. Both sauces are delicious.
While baking the chicken, I baked the broccoli! I chose to use broccoli for this pizza because broccoli works very well with General Tso’s sauce. I am not a huge fan of broccoli. However, I will eat broccoli in Alfredo or General Tso’s sauce. Broccoli is boring and disgusting when it is bland. I’m sorry, I have really tried to like it without some type of sauce on top. But, I just don’t!
In addition to adding the broccoli, I added some frozen bell pepper and edamame. Instead of cooking the edamame and bell peppers before hand, I added them frozen on top of the pizza. All of the ingredients cooked at the same time.
Lastly, I topped the pizza off with some chopped chives. Unfortunately, Trader Joe’s didn’t have any scallions! I was so mad, I wanted some so badly! I didn’t feel like going to another store, so I settled for chives! Both work very well!
Want more recipes?
- Tomato & Feta Cauliflower Pizza
- Shrimp & Balsamic Arrabbiata Pizza
- Cauliflower Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Pasta
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add the bbq chicken teriyaki and frozen broccoli. Set aside.
- Remove your pizza crust from the packaging and top with 4 tbsp of General Tso’s sauce. Spread the sauce all around the middle of the pizza. Top the pizza with the frozen edamame and bell peppers.
- Place the chicken and broccoli into the oven and set a timer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, remove the chicken and broccoli from the oven and place both on top of the pizza. Top with coconut aminos and 2 tbsp of general tso’s sauce. Place back into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- After 10-12 minutes remove from oven and top with sesame seeds and chopped chives or scallions. Allow the pizza to cool for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.