First off, I want to mention that this post is not sponsored! I am a fan of CaliFlour Food‘s pizza crust and they sent me some of their pizza crusts and crackers. I am so glad that they did because I had planned to purchase their pizza crusts the next time I went to the store! So, it ended up being a blessing. Thank you guys so much for sending me your crusts, I am so grateful. They’re delicious!
A few days ago, I made that fire roasted tomato & pumpkin pasta sauce. I love that sauce so much. The sauce was screaming to be topped on top of a tomato & feta cauliflower pizza. Immediately after making that sauce, I told myself that I have to use it on some pizza. That sauce tastes so damn good on everything. The spice blend is perfect.
In conclusion, I want to mention that if you do not feel like making the sauce from scratch then you can just use some canned butternut squash sauce! Or, you can play it safe and use regular pizza sauce. If you use my recipe for the sauce, please let me know how it turned out for you!
How to make tomato & feta & cauliflower pizza:
Start by making the fire roasted tomato and pumpkin sauce. The sauce pairs perfectly with feta cheese because it is not too acidic. The little teaspoon of monk fruit sugar that I used balanced everything out.
Next, top the pizza with some good quality feta cheese. Please use good quality feta cheese. All feta cheese brands are not the same! In fact, I didn’t like feta cheese for years because some of the feta cheese that I’ve tried in the past have been atrocious.
After adding the feta cheese, chop up some grape tomatoes. I use grape tomatoes due to the fact they’re adorable and take little to no time to chop up. They also taste amazing when roasted!
Lastly, season this tomato & feta cauliflower pizza up with some za’atar. Za’atar is a spice that is popular in middle eastern cuisine. If you cannot find any Za’atar, then you can use Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning. I love how slightly spicy za’atar tastes. But, the spice isn’t overwhelming – so, it’s safe for children to eat!
Want more recipes?
- Fire Roasted Tomato Pumpkin Pasta
- Shrimp & Balsamic Arrabbiata Pizza
- Cauliflower Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Pasta
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil!
- Spray the cauliflower pizza crust with Spanish olive oil cooking spray and then spread with the fire roasted tomato pumpkin sauce. Top with feta cheese, chopped grape tomatoes, and za’atar. Spray with more Spanish olive oil cooking spray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 3 minutes before cutting.
To make the sauce:
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, add in a tbsp of avocado oil. Add in the chopped minced garlic and mirepoix over medium/low heat. Saute, do not allow the minced garlic to burn.
- Once the mirepoix and garlic are heated, add in the pumpkin puree and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined and then add in the hemp milk. Reduce the heat to low. Continue to stir and then add in the spices. Remove from heat.
- Save leftover sauce and store in a jar.
- Calories are an estimate.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.