The best thing about this healthy vegetable gnocchi bowl is that it doesn’t take that long to make! I love making healthy meals throughout the week that do not take too long to cook. If you’re like me and you do 90% of your grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s, then this healthy vegetable gnocchi bowl is definitely the meal for you.
I do way too much shopping at Trader Joe’s. If I’m not at TJ’s, I’m at Whole Foods or Giant Eagle. I prefer to shop at TJ’s because I feel the most creative when I’m there. The frozen vegetable section is my favorite because most grocery stores just sell plain frozen vegetables. This is changing guys, I am starting to see foods like riced sweet potatoes and cauliflower pizza crust in stores like Walmart – which is amazing! I’m always trying to find new healthy ways to switch up the way that I eat vegetables.
I wanted to note that since I used frozen vegetables here, you don’t have to use frozen vegetables. I use frozen vegetables because duh, they’re easy to use whenever you need some vegetables on hand! And plus, they don’t spoil the way fresh vegetables do. It’s beyond annoying whenever I go into the refrigerator and find out that my new giant bag of Green Beans that I have used once has expired.
What vegetables should I use in a healthy vegetable gnocchi bowl?
Start with thinking of the flavors that you enjoy and how they will taste together. So for instance, with Gnocchi – I like to pair it with creamy sauces; so think of vegetables that work well with creamy sauces. Personally, I wouldn’t place corn in tomato sauce – that’s how you determine what will work well in your vegetable bowl. Eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms taste absolutely amazing in tomato sauce, so pair that with something like gnocchi and it’s absolutely amazing!
What does Cauliflower Gnocchi taste like?
Cauliflower Gnocchi slightly tastes like traditional gnocchi, it just has a little bit of a *cauliflower* taste. It’s not really noticeable! I feel that you’re not going to really think about the fact that the gnocchi is made with cauliflower unless you’re just being picky.
Cauliflower Gnocchi works very well with a variety of sauces. My favorite way to prepare the Gnocchi is to pan fry it in Avocado Oil or Ghee and top it with peach salsa, shrimp, goat cheese, and scallions. I’ve made it with an alfredo sauce as well, and it’s absolutely amazing. Anything that you’d place on traditional pasta, place it on gnocchi!
I used two different gnocchi’s for this healthy vegetable gnocchi bowl recipe. I used Cauliflower Gnocchi and Sweet Potato Gnocchi because I was running low on both. Both work very well together. I’ve tried both gnocchi’s combined with Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry sauce and it is amazing!
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest Sauce
- 4-8 Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tbsp Trader Joe’s Garlic Frozen Mushroom Medley use less mushrooms if desired
- 1 cup Spinach
- 3 tbsp White Onion, diced
- 2+ tbsp Gouda Cheese, shredded add more gouda if desired
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Spanish Olive Oil Cooking Spray, for spraying
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat and spray some Spanish olive oil cooking spray.
- Add both Gnocchi’s to the skillet with onion, mushrooms, and brussels sprouts. Stir occasionally and allow to brown. Once the gnocchi has browned, add the spinach and spices. Continue to stir until golden brown and the spinach is wilted.
- Once both gnocchi’s have turned golden brown, begin to add your sauce to the pan and reduce the heat to medium/low heat. Stir until the gnocchi and vegetables are completely covered with the sauce. Add your tablespoons of gouda and allow to melt.
- Remove from pan and top with additional gouda cheese if desired.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.