White Chocolate Tahini Bars are the protein bars that you need in your life. When it comes to making bars, I have always failed at them, until now! Usually, I wouldn’t use enough ingredients to make them. I would underestimate the amount of ingredients needed to make them. So, I would blend up a 1/4 cup of dates with a 1/4 cup of flour and a few other ingredients and believe that would be enough. No, it isn’t!
White chocolate is so underrated. I’ve fallen so in love with white chocolate chips that I’ve been using them for everything; such as these White Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies. The trick to baking or even eating white chocolate in general is to buy quality white chocolate. Not all brands are created equal. I suggest you try a variety of brands of white chocolate before using them in recipes like this. You will regret it if you don’t.
How to make white chocolate tahini bars:
First, start with deciding what nuts you are going to use for these white chocolate tahini bars. For this white chocolate tahini bars recipe, I went with a cashew base since I was craving cashews. Hazelnuts, almonds, and macadamia nuts would make an incredible base for this recipe.
Then, you should choose some dried fruit of some kind. For this recipe, I decided to use medjool dates. If you can’t find medjool dates or don’t have any, you can substitute them for dried cranberries. While using cranberries or even raisins won’t give you a similar taste to my recipe, it’s an alternative version.
Next, add your tahini and some seeds. If you do not have tahini, you can use peanut butter or cashew butter. However, if you don’t use tahini, the peanut butter will possibly be overwhelming with the tahini. Due to not using tahini, the taste of these bars will be different than my recipe below. Also, remember to use lots of hemp or chia seeds!
Lastly, add your chocolate base. If you are vegan and haven’t found a quality brand of white chocolate; I have heard that iChoc’s Vegan White Chocolate Bar tastes similar to regular white chocolate. Due to the fact I haven’t tried that chocolate bar, I will suggest that you just use regular vegan chocolate chips.
- Add all of the cashews to a food processor and process until they turn into a flour.
- Add the dates, chia seeds, ground flax, tahini, and hemp protein powder. Process until combined.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. I used a pasta pan and shaped the dough with my hands into a square like shape.
- Using your hands, press the dough into the pan. Firmly press the dough until a smooth flat square is formed.
- To a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and a 1/2 cup of coconut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds remove and stir. Stir until most of the chocolate chips have melted.Place in the microwave and microwave for 15 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir until all of the chips have melted.
- Pour the white chocolate onto the bars. Smooth the white chocolate out using a spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator over night or in the freezer for one hour to set.
- After one hour, cut them into bars.
- Feel free to store them in the fridge or freezer, your choice. I store them in the freezer due to the fact they will last longer that way!
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.