For the longest, I have been wanting to make a cheesecake. I’ve always been intimidated by cheesecakes. I love the taste, but I’ve never tried to make one until now. I decided to start giving baking a real try. Baking requires patience and following instructions. Cooking helps instill discipline into me. In the past, I haven’t been much of a disciplined person. But, this easy egg-less chocolate cheesecake was worth all of the blood, sweat, and tears. Haha.
Another reason I’ve been avoiding cheesecakes is because I mainly live an egg-free life. The last few times that I have eaten eggs, I’ve gotten sick. So, I’ve been working very hard to avoid cooking with them and eating them. Every cheesecake (unless unbaked) recipe that I have seen online has included eggs. I didn’t want to follow a vegan recipe exactly because I wanted to use sweetened condensed milk and full fat dairy cream cheese.
This egg-less chocolate cheesecake here is very sweet! It’s delicious though. If you’re not a fan of super sweet desserts, use way less than a cup of sugar. I’m working on a healthier version of this recipe because my goodness, it is sugar overload! It’s the holidays though; we’re all just trying to indulge in decadent desserts here.
The cool thing about this cheesecake is that you can add anything to it and it will taste delicious. I’m not exactly a fan of fruit on top of my cheesecakes; so if you don’t want to use the chocolate drizzle then just add some fruit. I plan on using this as a base recipe for a future recipe of pumpkin cheesecake bars. Or even cheesecake cupcakes!
How to make an easy egg-less chocolate cheesecake:
First off, decide if you want yours to be as sweet as this easy egg-less chocolate cheesecake. I used already sweet sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of white sugar. If you don’t want it to be too sweet, use 1/4 cup of sugar instead.
Next, substitute your egg replacer with Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer or Aquafaba. I was in shock that the egg replacer actually acted like an egg in this recipe. I wasn’t expecting it to work so well because the egg replacer is much thicker than regular eggs. But, I’m going to tell you now; don’t even make this recipe if you’re not going to be using a stand mixer. You will definitely need a stand mixer.
The easy part of this easy egg-less chocolate cheesecake is the fact that I had purchased graham cracker crumbs! I was in Target looking for graham crackers and saw that everyone had purchased them all! It’s my fault for waiting so long to buy graham crackers during this holiday season.
I’m going to go ahead and mention that I despise cheesecakes made with sour cream. Sour cream does not belong in cheesecake! How do people enjoy that taste? It’s way too tangy. If you must use something else with the cream cheese, I think I’d vote for a vanilla greek yogurt. Seriously, anything other than disgusting sour cream. In the mood to be bourgeois? Then just add some mascarpone. Seriously, don’t overcomplicate cheesecake.
Am I the only one that always orders the cheesecake that has chocolate on it at restaurants? I always go for the turtle cheesecake or the caramel and chocolate cheesecake. Or, oh my goodness, I almost forgot to mention the delicious Oreo cheesecake! I love Oreo cheesecake so much! One of these days, I have got to make a recipe with some Oreos. I eat them like once a year, so I’ll definitely go all out when I create them.
In conclusion, before I let you go – I want to tell a story about how the chocolate drizzle on this cheesecake came about! So, I had planned to top this cheesecake with something chocolatey. So, I had added some coconut butter and chocolate chips to the microwave. The chocolate chips weren’t melted enough, so I had decided to add in some sweetened condensed milk. BIG MISTAKE. The mixture turned into frosting! And, then I thought hmmm, “Shayla, you should probably add some coconut oil.” Even bigger mistake. What was I thinking? HAHA! It turned into this frosting mixture. It tasted really good though. I just didn’t want that on my cheesecake. I did all of that just to end up melting the chocolate chips old school style.
Easy Egg-less Chocolate Cheesecake
For The Crust:
- 1 1/3 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter
- Cooking Spray, for spraying
- 1 tsp All Purpose Flour
For The Cheesecake:
- 2 packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Vegan Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Replacers From Bob’s Red Mill
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
For The Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a springform pan with cooking spray and add 1 tsp of all purpose flour. Using a paper towel, lightly wipe the cooking spray and flour to spread it around the pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until incorporated.
- Press graham cracker mixture evenly onto the bottom of a springform pan. Place into the oven and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven when done and allow to cool at room temperature.
For The Cheesecake:
- Set out your cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Allow both to reach room temperature. The cream cheese mixture can be taken out hours before preparing this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Begin by adding water to a baking sheet pan. Place this baking sheet pan in the oven and allow to heat in the oven until you’re ready to bake your cheesecake. Cover your springform pan with aluminum foil around the sides, do not cover the top of the pan.
- Add your room temperature cream cheeses to a stand mixer and blend on level 2. Slowly mix the cream cheese until creamy. Once the cream cheese mixture is creamy, slowly add in your sweetened condensed milk. Continue to mix. Once the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese has combined, slowly add in your vegan egg replacers, one egg replacer at a time.
- Once everything is mixed together well and the mixture is creamy, add in the rest of the ingredients. Continue to mix using the stand mixer until there are no lumps. The mixture should not have any lumps at all. If you have any lumps, continue to mix.
- Once the mixture is creamy and has zero lumps, add the mixture to the springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into the baking sheet filled with water. The water should reach the middle of the springform pan, it should not be at the top of the pan. Place the pans in the oven and allow to bake for 55 minutes.
- After 55 minutes, remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for one hour. After one hour, drizzle with the chocolate mixture and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
For The Chocolate Drizzle:
- Heat a sauce pan to low heat and add your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir the mixture until all of the chocolate chips have melted. Once melted, remove from heat and drizzle on the cheesecake immediately.
- You will have a lot of the chocolate drizzle mixture left over, you can save and use for other recipes or completely cover the cheesecake with it.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.
Want more desserts?
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Healthy Avocado Chickpea Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Fried Donuts