Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies are the best snack in the world. Is there anyone on earth that doesn’t seriously love chocolate? I mean, how could you not love chocolate? It’s perfect! And when you combine it with peanut butter? It’s heaven. So, if you’re already a huge fan of blondies – you’re definitely going to love these chocolate peanut butter blondies!
I wanted to make these chocolate peanut butter blondies gluten free and vegan! I’ve been wanting to try out different flours rather than using All Purpose Flour. I mean, you can get the job done with All Purpose Flour, but it’s not as fun! You never know what to expect when it comes to baking with a different type of flour. Which I love! There’s nothing more fun than taking risks.
I’ve never had blondies before! So, I’m not sure that these even taste like blondies. I just know that these are absolutely delicious. They combine my favorite ingredients in the world! Coconut sugar just works perfectly with every dessert on the planet. I don’t even buy brown sugar anymore!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies:
In order to make the best chocolate peanut butter blondies, you have to really take the time and think about what ingredients you are going to use. I use this method with whatever dish I am going to make. When it comes to desserts, you really have to marry those ingredients and give them your all. So, take the time and think.. do I want these too sweet or do I want them a little bitter?
Are you a fan of bitter desserts? Use 90% dark chocolate or cacoa nibs instead of Enjoy Life’s Vegan Chocolate Chips. Cacao nibs are bitter, but they’re delicious. Substitute the coconut sugar for date sugar instead for something a little less sweet.
Are you a fan of sweet desserts? You can follow my recipe to the T or substitute the peanut butter for marshmallow fluff or pumpkin puree!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with the flours like I mentioned before. Test this recipe out with 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour and a 1/2 cup of Almond Flour!
Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Blondies
- 1 cup Tapioca Flour or any other Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 Egg Replacer from Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Wild Friends Creamy Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift the tapioca flour into the bowl. Add your salt. Set aside. During this time, prepare your Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium/low heat, add your butter and coconut sugar. Stir this mixture and allow it to brown, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BURN. The sugar will dissolve and caramelize. When completely browned (not burned), remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- Once the sugar has cooled, add in your vegan egg and tsp of vanilla bean maple syrup. Mix this mixture together very well. Then proceed to add your creamy peanut butter. Proceed to add the sifted flour and salt. Continue to stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. Smooth it out using a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- After allowing to cool, cut the blondies into squares. Drizzle with more peanut butter or chocolate if desired.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.