I love monkey bread. Especially these brioche monkey bread muffins. There’s no better combination than cinnamon sugar and butter. The combination of cinnamon sugar and butter on bread is heaven. Whenever I go somewhere that has an Auntie Anne’s, I always go crazy for their cinnamon sugar pretzels. They’re just so good! Brioche Monkey Bread Muffins are easier to make than it sounds. Basically, tear a part some bread and then pour some hot melted butter with cinnamon sugar on top. It’s so easy!
So, I don’t have a bundt pan currently. I was going to make a traditional monkey bread, but due to not having enough bread nor a bundt pan, I had an idea to get the job done using a muffin pan! To achieve these brioche monkey bread muffins, just tear the bread and fill up the top of the muffin pan. Instead of just using the butter cinnamon sugar mixture, I decided to top these brioche monkey bread muffins with some left over cream cheese icing. These are delicious and take little to no time to make. I am in love with these brioche monkey bread muffins.
How to make brioche monkey bread muffins:
First off, I’m going to give a few tips on how to make these brioche monkey bread muffins vegan. If you can’t find any brioche bread that’s vegan in the grocery store, you can use a soft vegan bread or make this recipe and just bake the bread. You do not want to use a hard bread for this recipe. And, you definitely don’t want to use sour dough!
Most importantly, please do not over-bake these brioche monkey bread muffins because it can go wrong so fast. Honestly, you could just bake these brioche monkey bread muffins for 5-10 minutes. It all depends on if you want the bread to be soft or hard. Due to the fact I prefer a softer texture, I didn’t bake these brioche monkey bread muffins for long.
Also, you don’t have to add the cream cheese icing if you don’t want to. That step is completely optional. These brioche monkey bread muffins are a quick alternative for those that do not want to make cinnamon rolls from scratch!
In conclusion, it’s important to use good quality butter for these brioche monkey bread muffins. Due to the fact I love Earth Balance’s butter, I used their butter. But, I would usually use Kerrygold’s European Butter for a recipe like this one. Besides butter, if you don’t have it in the house, you can always use coconut oil. Although, I don’t think it will taste as delicious as using butter.
Want more recipes?:
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Babka
- Vanilla Hemp Banana Bread
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- White Chocolate Tahini Bars
Optional Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Cashew Milk
- 1/2 stick Earth Balance Butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with avocado oil and set aside.
- Start by melting one cup of butter and microwaving it until all of the butter melts. Add the sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to the butter and mix well.
- Tear up pieces of the brioche bread and place into the muffin pan. They should fill each cup in the pan.
- Pour the butter mixture onto the bread. Use a tablespoon at a time. The mixture should completely cover the bread.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the cream cheese icing (optional).
For the cream cheese icing (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a stand mixer or bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- You can make a quick icing by combining powdered sugar and milk instead of making the cream cheese icing!
- Calories are an estimate of this recipe, without the icing. I’m not entirely sure if they’re accurate for this recipe due to the fact it’s hard to calculate this one.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.