Today is my birthday! I am 21-years-old. I am now allowed to drink alcohol without getting in trouble with the law. Everyone keeps asking me what it feels like to finally be a real “adult”. But, I don’t know how to answer that question. I have never felt my age. So, today is just another day for me. It’s weird because I still can’t believe I’m actually 21. Well, I was doing some reflecting last night about my life and knew I wanted a breakfast that would make me happy. Therefore, I made a bowl of healthy cinnamon roll oatmeal. Nothing makes me happier than cinnamon rolls. Well, maybe having a lot of money. Haha.
I did not feel like making “real” cinnamon rolls this morning. Yes, I know how to make them within an hour. But, they’re so time consuming and require a lot of attention. Since I won’t be doing anything special today other than kicking back and chilling, I don’t want to cook anything too crazy. Although, I will be making myself some grilled steak.
How to make healthy cinnamon roll oatmeal:
If you’re new here, you may not know that I rarely consume granulated sugar. I use sugar alternatives like erythritol, monk fruit sugar, coconut sugar, and date sugar. For this healthy cinnamon roll oatmeal recipe, I used Swerve’s brown sugar alternative and erythritol powdered sugar. Feel free to use regular sugars if you’d like to. I wanted to keep this bowl low in sugar.
To achieve the cinnamon drizzle, I combined 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder, the brown sugar alternative, and lots of vanilla extract. I kept adding vanilla extract until I received a mixture that’s easy to pour onto my oats.
And for the icing, I just used the erythritol powdered sugar and added in a few drops of oat milk and vanilla extract. The trick with this is to keep stirring until icing forms.
Lastly, I topped this bowl off with some pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and pecans. I added these nuts and seeds because I didn’t just want to eat a bowl of icing and cinnamon drizzle.
Want more recipes?
- Healthy Chocolate Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Matcha Oat Bowl
- Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For The Cinnamon Drizzle:
- 1 tbsp Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar
- 4-5 tsp Vanilla Extract
For The Icing:
- 3 tbsp Erythritol Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tsp Oat Milk
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cook the rolled oats according to your preference. I added the rolled oats, water, and cinnamon in a bowl and covered with parchment paper. I microwaved them for 2 minutes.
For The Cinnamon Drizzle
- Add 1 tbsp of protein powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and multiple tbsp of vanilla extract. Keep adding vanilla extract until liquidy paste forms. You should be able to pour it into your bowl.
For The Icing:
- Add 3 tbsp of powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2-3 tsp of vanilla extract. Keep stirring until icing forms.
For The Oats:
- Drizzle the cinnamon drizzle first using a fork and then drizzle the icing on top. Top with the (optional) pumpkin seeds, pecans, and walnuts.
- Calories are without the nuts.
The post above contains affiliate links in which I will make a small profit from if you choose to make a purchase. Read more about this here.